Friday 6 November 2009

An Experiment

Everyone has their own fashion rules, don't they. Some of mine include not wearing something tight on the top and bottom (so skinny jeans must be balanced with a floaty top, and tighter tops must only be worn with things like baggy jeans or A-line skirts) and always going by fit, not by what the label inside says (I have clothes in my wardrobe from a size 8 to a size 18, and they all fit).

Well, until this week, I had another rule. Light-coloured dresses were for summer wear only, because I had the idea that they'd look weird with opaque tights. Then, earlier this week, I was at the Tube station when I saw a girl wearing a dress that I also own. If you have a look at my post from June 1st, it's the cream version of the black dress pictured there. And this girl was wearing 'my' dress with black tights, boots and a grey cardie. She looked fab. So I thought I'd give it a go! I'm wearing my dress with black ballet pumps, black tights and a long grey cardie with three-quarter sleeves. And it doesn't look weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment